FLORIDA CARILLONNEURS ARE A TRIPLE THANKSGIVING TREAT!

News and events of the guild and carillons in general.

Moderator: JohnGouwens

Forum rules
1. This forum section is the heading for assorted news – recital series, commemorative ringing, featured master-classes, you’ve just released a CD, your company or institution is installing a new carillon, you name it. It must have something to do with the carillon, however.

2. Please see the “Forum Rules” topic below for more details.

3. For this “news” section, we can be a bit more relaxed about comments staying on topic than we in the other forum sections.

FLORIDA CARILLONNEURS ARE A TRIPLE THANKSGIVING TREAT!

Postby FrancesNewell on Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:37 pm

[b]Frances Newell testing. Over Thanksgiving weekend, I heard Lee Cobb play his 30th anniversary recital at the Church of the Ascension in Clearwater, Florida. He premiered his own composition, Psalm Meditation:"Puff of Wind, Passing Shadows", commissioned for the occasion. He also played "Sunset Swing", by Frances Newell and really made those bells swing!
On the way, I stopped at Bok Tower to hear Geert D'Hollander play. Geert is the new director at Bok Tower and has exciting plans!
Last year, I visited Dr. Laura Ellis, who directs the oragan and carillon program at the University of Gainesville in Florida. I heard her students play and saw, once again, what a great teacher she is.
More details and photos will follow in my article about these concerts in the Spring 2013 issue of carillon news.
FLORIDA CARILLONNEURS ARE A TRIPLE TREAT!
John, I tried to upload photos, but it won't upload anything over 256KB. A lot of photos, including my jpgs, are about 380 KB, so can you get this software to allow for maybe 400-500KB files to upload?
Cheers!
Frances newell
Attachments
Laura-Ellis-UFL-Gaineville-Organ.jpg
Geert D'Hollander-Bok Tower,Florida
Laura-Ellis-UFL-Gaineville-Organ.jpg (63.15 KB) Viewed 1900 times
Lee-Cobb-Clearwater-carillon.jpg
Lee Cobb -Church of Ascension Clearwater,Fl
Lee-Cobb-Clearwater-carillon.jpg (198.92 KB) Viewed 1899 times
FrancesNewell

Re: FLORIDA CARILLONNEURS ARE A TRIPLE THANKSGIVING TREAT!

Postby JohnGouwens on Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:35 pm

I don't know if there's a way to play with the limitations on picture size or not. I'll have to ask Dawn about that. I'm glad you can post photos in some way. Thanks! - John
JohnGouwens

Return to News