Roy Hamlin Johnson's Flag Weaving '76

Discussions about carillon music and technique.

Moderator: JohnGouwens

Forum rules
1. This forum section focuses on the musical aspect of the instrument. Discussions here can include aspects of playing technique, discussions about playing particular repertoire, and thoughts about what to play in presenting to the public.

2. If you reply to a particular posting, please keep your reply on topic. Also, please do not make multiple separate postings ("topics") on the same subject. The moderator reserves the right to combine or delete redundant topics as needed.

3. Please see “Forum Rules” here for additional guidelines.

4. You may include links or pictures in your postings, but posting of music which is in violation of copyright rules will be subject to deletion by the moderator.

Roy Hamlin Johnson's Flag Weaving '76

Postby Brian Tang on Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:47 am

Probably too late for this year's festivities, but does anybody know where an interested person can obtain a copy of the score?
Brian Tang

Re: Roy Hamlin Johnson's Flag Weaving '76

Postby JohnGouwens on Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:32 am

It was commissioned by (and in the possession of) the Schulmerich company. Whether they know where it is now I don't know. I would have to dig for it, but I believe I have it. (I've never played it, as it does need low G for the grand finale part.)
JohnGouwens

Postby Brian Tang on Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:08 am

Thanks for the info - I've contacted them. In the event they don't respond or no longer have a copy in their possession, if the score turns up for anybody, I'd love to have a look at it.
Brian Tang

Postby JohnGouwens on Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:56 pm

I'll wait a few days. If nobody else responds, I'll see if I can find it.
JohnGouwens

Return to Repertoire