Call for head shots for the carillon library

Discussions on carillon related topics.

Moderator: JohnGouwens

Forum rules
1. This forum section is the place for the “none of the above” topics (postings) – not technical, maybe campanalogical but not carillon-related. Comments about sleigh bells or Russian Zvon ringing would fit there. If a topic is started here that seems to fit more in the “News” category (prominent carillonneur dies, for instance) or one of the other categories, the moderator may move it to that forum section. This is a good place to put things like mentioning some old movie that had a carillon in it, for example – not news, and not one of the other categories.

2. Please see “Forum Rules” here for more details.

Call for head shots for the carillon library

Postby JoyBanks on Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:18 pm

A recent spurt of requests to the Anton Brees Carillon Library for portraits of carillonneurs has prompted me to consider that our collection in this area hasn’t grown much recently. In this digital age, I realize that many people are just zipping files of themselves back and forth for publication in programs, but if anyone has paper copies of pictures, either of themselves or other carillonneurs, that they would like to contribute to our collections, we would be happy to accept. As we continue to grow our digital collections, you may also consider sending us a high quality digital image for the use of future generations and perhaps even yourself if you are ever at a loss to find that file on your own computer.

Think you’re not important enough to merit a place holder in our collections? Think again! Our goal is to capture the complete history of the carillon story, so if you are giving public performances of any kind, there is always a possibility that someone down the line would like to know what you look like.

When thinking about submissions, we would just ask that you would release the rights (when you are able) to the photograph to Bok Tower Gardens so that future research requests can be fulfilled without copyright complications (that goes for digital images, too). I can answer specific questions about that to those who are concerned or have reservations, but we are in the process of developing a simple form that would be completed during the process.

Thanks!
Joy
Joy M. Banks, MSLS
Librarian
Bok Tower Gardens
1151 Tower Blvd.
Lake Wales, FL 33853
http://boktowergardens.org/
JoyBanks

Re: Call for head shots for the carillon library

Postby JohnGouwens on Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:41 pm

I can think of a few carillonneurs I'd like to shoot in the head! :lol: